First of all I don't think that there's actually a solution. I think it's just Windows being Windows and it's "one of those things" it does with a mind of it's own.

I have a few programs like ACdsee pic viewer, XYplorer file manager and a few other utilities that occasionally and randomly open on my second monitor on their own.

Sometimes they just open in that monitor and sometimes they just switch to it without warning while I'm using them.. always after I do something like switch to or from full screen or open a different part of their GUI.

I've tried the old trick of either holding the ctrl or shift key and closing them down on the monitor they're supposed to be on but that makes no difference.

It never happens with my browsers or any Windows components.. just certain 3rd party programs and always the same ones.

It's always done this and I've just dealt with it because it isn't a show stopper by any means but I'm just thinking that perhaps others may have seen this behavior as well and might have a solution.

TIA