[RESOLVED] FACEBOOK Hack?

Thread: [RESOLVED] FACEBOOK Hack?

Resolved [RESOLVED] FACEBOOK Hack?

If you are running 2 or 3 computers on home wifi and you have a facebook account that is really not used and all privileges have been revoked by user, when facebook was hacked , does it make a difference whether you only open facebook on one of the computers and you don't open it on any of the others to keep the other pcs secure?
    tks

win 7 64 bit//win vista 32 all hp
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; February 16th, 2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo

If you're talking about the latest Facebook hack which occurred just in the last few weeks it was not the sort of malware that could spread to users computers. It was something that infected some laptops of a few Facebook employees and would, apparently, have been used on Facebooks own servers/computers to gather users data not the computers of the general public who visit Facebook.

They say it was discovered before any data was stolen.

So the short answer is no, none of your local network would be at risk.

If it was the sort of infection that does attack home computers then usually only the one infected computer would be compromised unless it was a network worm of some sort but you don't see those very often at all any more.

However, if one of my computers had been infected I would still check all my others very carefully to make sure they were clean since they are all used online to visit mostly the same sites and download similar files.. eg- addons for Firefox etc.

More on that hack..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ed-attack.html

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/blo...tory-50010442/

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Question

tks
    i haven't read your referenced links yet maybe the answer is in there, so if you have pcs on wifi at home, if you are to use facebook, are you better off to use just one of those for facebook? Do not open it on any of the others?
    tks

Fink has it right, no danger to you and I.

I would not worry about visiting common sites like Facebook on more than one computer.

The italicized portion of my answer above is just added info on malware in general and does not pertain to your specific question.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Facebook's servers were hacked and users' info might or might not have been stolen (of course, FB said no user data were compromised.) It's not like the hacker put malware in FB's servers which then would infect your computer. So you are safe.

(Just venting: Personally I would not use FB. Not only they pay no tax, they actually get hundreds of millions in "refund". What the ***k!!!!)

Thread Information