[RESOLVED] Setting up audio interface on Gateway

Thread: [RESOLVED] Setting up audio interface on Gateway

Resolved [RESOLVED] Setting up audio interface on Gateway

I have a Scarlett 2i2 by Focusrite, which is a simple instrument/microphone interface and I'm trying to get it working on a Gateway NV53A laptop.

The interface driver is installed and under Control Panel > Sound the LINE IN and LINE OUT are set as the defaults and the built
    in microphone is set to Disabled.

But the laptop's built in microphone is the one that's working! The microphone plugged into the interface isn't working. How do I
    make the interface mic the default if not as above?

Same is true of playback, instead of going out through the interface, the built in speakers are playing the sound.

Thanks - rev

(I'm assuming the USB cable is carrying the sound and not just being used to power the interface? - I've been reading the manual but I have come across confirmation of that).

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Which OS is this on?

Btw, this is not Home Entertainment problems. It's a laptop. So, I've moved your thread to the proper forum.

Sorry about the mispost, I wasn't sure where to put it, Mulitimedia was another possibility. Anyway, I got it going, I'm not even sure how, I think the wrong driver was selected in Guitar Rig. Resolved.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Home Entertainment is about standalone devices used in the home, not laptops, which is what your device was connected to and why I moved it.

If you read the words placed under the title of each forum you will kow where threads should be posted.

Thread Information