Back up disk and disappearing folders

Thread: Back up disk and disappearing folders

Back up disk and disappearing folders

I have a question on something I experienced the other day and would like your thoughts on it. After I got my computer up and running after installing a new hard drive, I put in a backup disk in one of my drives in order to put them into the correct folders. As I was doing this, all of a sudden folders from the backup disk literally disappeared. Where did they go and how can I get them back? This is sure a new one on me as I never seen this happen before. Never a dull moment on a computer!!!

imanetter2--Recycle Bin?
    Run a Search on the name of one of the files and see if it can locate the file.
    Put the disk into another drive bay on another PC if possible and see if the files are still there.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

I checked the recycle bin when it happened and they were not there. When I run a search for one of the missing folders in my other drive, it says that the shortcut isn't valid, or something like that. Then it asks me to delete the shortcut. I lost all of our family holiday pictures. This is so bazaar.

What type of backup disk? CD or DVD? USB flash drive? USB hard drive?

Maxell DVD-RW is what I used for the one in question. I also use TDK DVD-RW's also. When asked how I am going to use them, I click on "like a flash drive".

RWs, I gave up on those things years ago because of that lost business. Lost to darn much stuff to ever trust them again. Just my experience with them.

I have not had much luck with CD-RW or DVD-RW discs either. I use the non-rewritable discs, and other hard drives for backup.

Thread Information