[RESOLVED] Adobe Flash Plug-in Constantly Crashes in Firefox - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Adobe Flash Plug-in Constantly Crashes in Firefox

gypsy63--I just came back to this thread and see that you and Midknyte have been very busy.
    In the early part of the thread you asked if the instruction in the Flash Player Uninstaller "Look at the taskbar. If the taskbar contains program icons for a browser or for a game that uses Flash, right-click each icon and choose Close" meant you would lose some programs or the shortcut to them that resides on the taskbar.
    No, you should Close those programs (which means stop them from running), not Delete/Uninstall them. You will not be offered Close if the program is not running.

I hope all is well now.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Welshjim: As I stated in my last post I had to go out of town today--and I just got back and came here to get the link to install the Adobe Flash Plug-in. But before I did, I saw your post and decided to answer back to it before I finish what I started with the downloading.

Thank you for clearing up what that meant about things running in the task bar. Since at the time I did not know the answer before completing the instructions for uninstalling Adobe Flash as stated on the provided link, & in order not to take any chances, I just went ahead and deleted all the short cuts I had on my task bar. None of them gave me the option to "close" so I guess none of them was running. I have always tried to keep as many things as possible not to run because the more things you run, the more resources you use. Mainly just my security programs run. Later when I finish all of this and all is well again, I will re-pin my shortcuts to the task bar.

Now I know something I didn't know before, thanks for explaining--now to re-install Adobe Flash plug-in!
    Sheila

OK, for anyone who is reading this, I just finished following all the instructions I was given here and on the sites that I was given links for--Adobe Flash Plug-in is now installed. But I may not know right away if I am going to have the same problem or not because if it is anything like what happened in the past, it won't crash every day and it won't necessarily crash every time I look at a video. In the past there were days it never crashed and then other days it crashed all day long. So far now I will mark this problem as resolved. If it starts happening again I will come back here and post the problem again in a new thread. Keep your fingers crossed for me because I am!

Thanks for all your help, Welshjim and Midknyte!
    Sheila

gypsy63--Glad to hear all is well, and I hope the problem will not return.
    You are welcome for the small amount of help I offered.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information