No display, no beeps, fans running?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No display, no beeps, fans running?

No display, no beeps, fans running?

So I just installed the MSI 990FXA-GD65 to replace my ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 due to the fact that the ASUS didn't accept SLI compatibilities. I installed the MSI mobo as I were to do with the ASUS with a few different plug-ins, but didn't have any issues through the process. I've added TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti with the SLI bridge. As soon as I turn on my computer my power supply's fan, CPU fan, 120 MM (1) fan and both Nvidia cards seem to be running, but no display. I'm thinking its the motherboards fault here. Got it from tigerdirect with the box not sealed, but OPENED... All fans seem to be running fine, but very quiet, no beeps to indicate the reason being. Can't even open up my Blu-Ray player. My ASUS motherboard was working perfectly fine three days ago, so I know it can't be the power supply, the video cards, nor the monitor. I did the breadboard trick and that didn't do the trick. I used only one video card and one slot of RAM (I've got 2*4GB) but nothing is showing! I'm using VGA adapter to DVI. I was first using DVI, but I was told to use the VGA.

Any suggestions?

If applicable,
    Clear the CMOS completely before testing for POST.
    Cheers.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Also check that there are no standoffs in the wrong hole.

Cleared the CMOS with a button on the mobo that came on board.
    Nope, everything is in place. Done correctly.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Are you sure that this motherboard will boot with only one module of ram installed? Not all motherboards will. Would you please post the brand name and wattage of your power supply?

Try clearing CMOS by disconnecting system from any power source and removal of the CMOS battery for about 10 minutes.
    Cheers.

If your video card(s) have a power connector, make sure you have a power cable(s) pugged in from a power supply with adequate capacity.

Looks like that 560 TI card needs 170W or 210W depending on the version you have.
    Look under Thermal and Power Specs:
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

So you would need a 750 Watt power supply from the looks of things as you are using 2 cards.

I used one Module of ram then I used none to hear any beeps, but nothing. When I did the test on the breadboard I was using one video card to see if I have any display.... No luck. Also tried using the VGA cable to see if the mobo would recognize the settings, but no luck. I had the second video card plugged in with 4 pin adapter to 6 pin pcie. I do have two 6 pins for pcie...

I used http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp. To distinguish my PSU and the recommendation was 548W. Would 600W be too weak to run two GTX 560 Ti?

You still didn't state the make/model of the PSU.

Did you try booting with just one video card first?

ATX Corsair 600W

Mobo; 990FXA-GD65

Yes, I tried that and I also tried without RAM.

Ah, sorry. Just read your first post again. Missed the single card thing. And you already tried the motherboard outside the case too.

Corsairs have a good reputation, but that still might be cutting it close under load. But you should still be able to boot with a single video card.

Do you have other ram you can borrow/try? Maybe it's a compatibility issue?

I just picked up a small 1GB module back in the day and installed it now... No luck.

Can't be, spent hours on seeing if parts were compatible with each other and used the proper MHZ for ram 1333, when the max is 2133 OC

Do you get any beeps with no video card installed? No beeps is not good. Also, the fact that your Blu-Ray drive won't open might indicate insufficient power. Do you get any lights flashing on the Blu-Ray drive?

I get no beeps at all...
    Correct the Blu Ray does have lights flashing, but it can't be open. It's just a flashing blue light.
    Guess I need a new PSU?

Thread Information