[RESOLVED] Need Help To Remove " PUP.bProtector " - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RESOLVED] Need Help To Remove " PUP.bProtector "

When I try to run a test page using Java it shuts down my Internet Explorer and says something about DEP.

See if another browser works fine.

What is the exact error message in IE?

Also...

Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 and run "FixIt" procedure.
    Make sure you follow ALL steps listed there.

Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer

A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage.

No luck with firefox either --- when I run Java test page it says I need an add-on ( Java Runtime 1.7u9 ) . When I click on yes to run the add-on it starts downloading and half way through I get message that another version is running and to remove it .

I uploaded MS "FixIt" file for you here: http://www.filedropper.com/microsoftfixit50195
    Close IE and double click on downloaded file.

Downloaded FIX IT file from link you posted and closed IE and double clicked downloaded file and got this message : This installation package could not be opened . Contact the application vendor to verify that this ia a valid Windows Installer package

If that is the same Mister Fix It from post # 32 , I already ran that FIX IT . ------ didn't fix it though.

When I run a java test it says I have no working java installed and directs me to a download for my laptop . I download and install and about halfway through the install it stops and tells me I already have another version installed and to run through the process to uninstall it . Under REMOVE / Unistall there are no java programs listed to remove / uninstall although it does list JAVA 7UPDATE 9 ---- but there is nothing there to remove it ---only shows as rarely used ???

Try to run JavaRa first...

Download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it.

• Run JavaRa.exe (Vista and 7 users! Right click on JavaRa.exe, click Run As Administrator), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    • Accept any prompts.
    • Do NOT post JavaRa log.

Resolved

Hi Broni :

I was able to clear the Java 7 Update 9 from my system using the " Install Windows Clean-Up " program . I opened the cleanup program , found the Java 7 Update 9 and removed it from the windows dadtabase. I reinstalled Java 7 Update 9 for windows and all ia well now .

Thanks for your troubles.

RESOLVED

Cool beans

Thread Information