[RESOLVED] No "tile" connects to anything - why ?

Thread: [RESOLVED] No "tile" connects to anything - why ?

Resolved [RESOLVED] No "tile" connects to anything - why ?

Bought and installed immediately it was available. Was a problem with Windows 8 not allowing Catalyst to change anything, and a thick black margin around Windows 8 on my monitor making the 23" into a 20" !!! That was put right (thanks to Neowin) by an update for the card (which I couldn't find on the cards site....)
    But the tiles. I double click on them, they open, and close. NOTHING. I have Sky drive. It won't connect. Photos. Doesn't open anything. NOTHING but maps, for some reason, the only thing that does.
    Google is doing a current amusing thing for give me back my google or something. Went onto it, and can't download it. Tried umpteen times.
    What am I doing wrong ? How can I connect the tiles up with the items they're SUPPOSED to represent ?

Solved it myself thanks to Microsoft's communities. It was Avast. I updated the prog, and obviously they'd had some complaints and they quickly resolved it. Everythings working fine now.
    Windows 8 is great. Can't understand why people are so against it

Windows 8 has a virus program that installs with it, Windows security essentials, and is part of Windows Defender, so if you install avast make sure you turn off defender or you will get big problems with both running same time.
    Tils need only a single click not a double
    Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 motherboard
    16 GIG Ram,
    AMD FX 8350, 8 core
    2 x 1gig sata 3 ,,
    1 X 24" wide screen moniter ,
    2 x 17' secondary moniters
    1 x 21" secondary moniter
    Corsair Power
    Corsair Hydro cooler H 60
    1 x blueray burners
    Windows 8.1 x 64 Professional