Digital Video Recorder Questions

Thread: Digital Video Recorder Questions

Digital Video Recorder Questions

You guys seem to have the answer to everything, so here is my current problem. I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC digital video recorder which I rent from my cable company every month. Unfortunately, it is almost always full. Not sure how large the hard drive is on it (30gigs?), but I am always seeming to have to shuffle and delete programming from it to make room for new recordings. Part of the problem is that there are about five basketball games on it featuring my alma mater that I enjoy watching over and over, so I cannot delete them. My first question is obvious: Is there any way to download these from the DVR to a PC or even a thumb drive so that I can burn them to dvd's for future viewing? And if this is not possible, is there any way to use one of my old PC's that I don't normally use to compliment and expand the capacity of my current DVR? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this issue.

Thanks for the response Dr., but unfortunately, I don't have a DVD recorder. Is there some way to use an HDMI cable out from the DVR into my PC? I assume I would need some software (would Audacity do this?) to record the signal, but I am just brainstorming here. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by RonJohn
    ...would Audacity do this?...
    No.
    Audacity is audio editing software.
    Cheers.

Thread Information