I have Windows 7 and use Windows Live Mail 2011. My husband has Windows 7 & uses Outlook 2003. This morning we changed our ISP from Hughes Net (satellite) to a local fiber optic ISP. My husband called Hughes and told them to stop service because we were getting another ISP. Afterwards, he insisted I delete my email account with Hughes immediately. He would not even let me save some of my emails into folders for the new ISP. By that time we had our fiber optic service up and running and also had our new email accounts set up. At his insistence I deleted the account right them--but when I did, all my email that was originally from Hughes Net also disappeared! My husband had already deleted Hughes' email account from his Outlook email program and did not loose any of his email that was originally from Hughes. I don't understand why I lost mine but he didn't--both our computers were originally set up with Hughes! I am so upset because I had a lot of business email that was downloaded using Hughes & I really need them. I have looked in every folder in my email program and they are just not there--not anywhere--all the old as well as the new disappeared. Does anyone have any idea how I might recover those lost emails? And I can't help but wonder why they disappeared from WD's Live Mail but not Outlook?
Thanks,