Wireless question...

Thread: Wireless question...

Wireless question...

I have a netbook with a built-in wireless card. I believe it's a "B". I purchased a usb wireless N adapter hoping to get a better connection with my Belkin wireless N router. When I check the connection with the internal wireless card, I get "good". When I check it with the new usb N adapter, I get "low". My goal is to get a better, stronger connection in the room that I usually use the netbook. Please let me know if there is something specific I can do to achieve this. Thanks!

10 tips to help improve your wireless network
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setu...id=I-al30Nm9gi

A good starting point.

I'll check these out. I just didn't understand how an "n" was slower than the "b". Thanks for the response!

When it comes to the wireless signal passing through things like walls, what is in the walls and the material the wall is made of and if lead based paint was ever used can stop the signal dead right there.

1880's house stucko coated wall with lead paint, numerous coats, I had to use a 7bD antenna on both the router and reciever ends to get the signal a 8 ft distance.

No lead paint here. My house isn't that big, either. Since I have an "N" router, it should have no problem getting to the room I want it to get to. I even put one of those home-made "wind surfer"s on my router antenna hoping for a stronger signal. Thanks for the response!

I plan to change the channel but haven't had time, yet. I'll post back if that works.

Do you disable the internal WLAN card when you use the usb wifi card? You should.

Thread Information