[RESOLVED] Vizio tvs

Thread: [RESOLVED] Vizio tvs

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back

Resolved [RESOLVED] Vizio tvs

Any one know anythng good about this brand? I am buying a new bigger tv in a few months and reading about Vizio TVs, I've only known brands such as Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp and RCA. The one I'm looking has 3D capability. @ $698, I can swing the price of this one in two months.

Linky

Vizio TVs have been decent quality for the price paid. However, their warranty terms may be less than desirable. These days, I would probably look elsewhere.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...79&safe=active

Reviews aren't good. Even those given at Walmart.Thanks jdc.

Guess I'll check out those others I saw, Samsung being on top of the list (this being the brand name on my monitor), the small 32" I have now is a Sharp, it's been a good tv for the past two years, it is just too small. I also don't have any 3D movies, so it really wouldn't matter if I just get a standard LCD or LED.

And Doc, I don't do Amazon.

I don't have that much money....LOL I was looking at wally world and found an RCA for $509 and it might be less in the store, so the webstore says.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...e+Plan+Options

I'm selling the 32" for $100 to my nephew. So I only need an extra $425.00. I figured tax at $25.

Samsung and Sharp have some decent models.

Yeah, but they have outrageous prices, too. I think I'm going with the RCA one. Unless I can find a lower price online for a Samsung or Sharp. Walmart also had a 46" Sanyo for about $450. I don't know much about Sanyo TVs. I do know about their batteries, Eneloops, I have three sets of these i use in my Pentax DSLR, and they are the best.

Emerson have been good so far that I have observed.

Not many Emerson's in Walmart stores here. And most of them aren't the right size. I'm looking for 46" to 47". I don't have room enough for anything larger. So far the RCA is the tv of choice. It has 4 HDMI, which my present Sharp has, and it's 120Hz where other brands only have 3 HDMI, and are 60Hz.

FWIW I just bought a 37" RCA and I'm very happy with it. (from Walmart as well)

None of the Emersons that they carried had all the features I needed like VGA in. I'd also looked at the Samsungs but they were significantly more expensive and the picture quality wasn't noticeably better.

Walmart has 2 day express delivery service here for only 97 cents if you order on line. Don't know how they can do that.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks fink. I like the RCA better than any of them, and because this one has more HDMIs than most I looked at, plus the 120Hz rather than 60Hz. It has the other features I need too, like you, I like the idea of VGA. I would go 37" but that's only 5 inches bigger than what i have now. I had an old/new at the time, RCA CRT tv that lasted years, it was still working after 10 years when someone decided they needed it more than I did, and stole it. In my opinion it had good quality sound and picture.

Walmart here has ship to store, but it shows the RCA I'm looking at to be in our store here, so I'll probably pick it up there, or if not in store, I can have it shipped there for free.

We can call this one resolved. I've decided the RCA one is the one for me. Thanks to all of you for your help!

Thread Information