[RESOLVED] Pictures in message can not be found???

Thread: [RESOLVED] Pictures in message can not be found???

Resolved [RESOLVED] Pictures in message can not be found???

I often receive e-mails that include pictures witin the body of the message. But when I try to forward the e-mail I get a Windows Live Mail pop-up window that says:

'When you forward this message these pictures will not be included, etc.'

Why?

If I choose to forward the messge anyway sometimes the pictures will show up as a sort of tiny slide show strip across the top of the message. How do I fix it so that the the pictures (full sized) will be included within the body of the message just like I received it?

Thanks,
    notnoid

Save the pictures to your hdd and make a new email with the pictures inserted in the right places.

I haven't tried your suggested solution yet. But I am still wondering why I can receive a message that includes pictures within the text. I have verifed with the senders that they just forwarded an email that they received without having to construct the message. They just forward the message exactly as as they received it. Many times there are no slide show photos to save to begin with.

Thanks,
    notnoid

Now if those pictures are linked in, like we do graphics here, those I have seen blow out when forwarded. And do check to verify your email client is set for HTML and not text.
    As text will not send graphics that are embedded.

notnoid--Usuall the problem is mainly with settings used by the sender. (That is, little you can do.)
    For one, depending on the settings, Windows Live Mail sends images to SkyDrive. And you cannot forward from there.
    Another is that the sender sends the message using RichText rather than Plain Text.
    So, though it involves more steps, do what Train has suggested.
    Another idea is to Send or Forward the email to yourself. Often the image, if it shows up at all, will now stick with any sending of the email to others.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thanks to all:
    The first suggestion[Train] to save the picture to my hard drive works okay but is kinda cumbersome. Insofar as the problem [Welshjim]being caused by the sender is probably correct. There is just one or two folks that send me emails that include pictures that I have the problem of not being able to forward their messages (including pictures) to other friends. But I am sure that these two friends have no idea how to set up their email to overcome this problem and I know that I don't know what to tell them.
    Thanks,
    notnoid

Notnoid--Tell the friends to use Attach and not Insert.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information