Sony Vaio laptop error message

Thread: Sony Vaio laptop error message

Hybrid View

Sony Vaio laptop error message

I am getting the following error message when my Sony Vaio laptop boots up: Call was cancelled by message filter (exception from HRESULT:0x80010002(RPC_E_CALL_CANCELLED)
    Sometimes there is also a SmartWi error message (but not always) so I think it may be related to SmartWi. This is a personal computer on a home wireless network. Any help is appreciated.

Call was canceled by the message filter. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010002 (RPC_E_CALL_CANCELED)
    This error is caused by incorrect configuration of third party firewalls or corrupt WMI
    http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/troubleshooting-guide.aspx

They have a trouble shooting Guide.

Smartwi
    You have this?
    http://www.smartwi.net/

Every solution I have found online is similar to the lansweeper solutions; I don't think these will work on my system - I have a desktop computer and a laptop, both with Windows 7 Home and a wireless router. Their solutions look like they are for Exchange or some type of network server - they are talking about group policies and dcomconfig. I don't think that my home computer would have WMI running either.
    I use the Zone Alarm firewall and have the Windows firewall turned off. I am going to check the Zone Alarm site to see if something in an update may have triggered this error.
    Thanks anyway.

ZA has been WELL know to mess things up.

Why most of the folks refuse to use it anymore.

Uninstall it and go back to the Windows firewall. All I have used for about 6 years. And being behind a router, I have never had any problems.

Thank you, I will try that. I have had some trouble with ZA updates in the past but it provided good protection. There was a recent update so maybe it is that. I think the Windows firewall has improved over the years so I feel comfortable with trying that solution.
    Thank you!

You are Welcome.

I am running Vista and Win 7.

Hi, there!! My windows root directory drive has stop reading disc or writing it for my work. I want to know what happened to it when I insert disc in driver it shows driver failed messages. What should I do here?

Sound like the harddrive needs replacing. Does it give you a error message when you boot up?

insert disc
    If you are getting the "Insert disk" message during computer startup, then it could be a hard drive problem. If you are trying to save files to removable media, then it is probably the removable media drive. More details on exactly what the issue is would be helpful.

Have a look in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event viewer at the Application and System logs, and see if there are any errors in there that may indicate the cause of the problems. Look for anything with a red circle with a white X through it next to the entry.
    Nick.

Thread Information