Microsoft secity essentials software problem

Thread: Microsoft secity essentials software problem

Question Microsoft secity essentials software problem

I have microsoft secity essentials software. Everytime I turn my computer and see potentially unprotected so I scanned it although it is nothing and than it automatically changed to protected. What do I do now?
    Bob

I just set it to do a quick scan daily at 3 PM and of coarse it updates first.

When you boot up a computer running Microsoft Security Essential, you may notice a "potentially unprotected" message until the software has had time to fully load and then check with Microsoft's servers to make sure it's up-to-date. (Its little Castle icon in the notification area will also be red, instead of green, while this message is being displayed). On a fast computer on a fast network this message flashes by so fast that it's often not even noticeable. However, on a slower computer and/or on a slow network, it can sometimes take a while for the software to get fully loaded and then check-in for updates.

surfbug--That Unprotected warning can also occur if you have not updated MS SE. Go to the Update tab.
    Also go to the Settings tab|Scheduled Actions (left panel) and check to box to check for "...latest... definitions".
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information