Final Fantasy 7 crashes pc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7 crashes pc

Final Fantasy 7 crashes pc

Can someone help me with my final fantasy 7 problem please? When i get to the part where i have to race a chobo to get out of the desert my computer is telling me that "it has to close the eplorer and says send error or don't send eror" that error screen, is there anything i can do to get past this?

Hi and Welcome to Virtual Dr.

The more info you can throw our way the more we can help, so: System specs? OS? Changed any hardware/software recently? etc

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

**Edited by Moderator - Bye, Bye Focus-Water**
    Last edited by focus_water; August 31st, 2006 at 10:18 AM.

i have a pentium 4, IBM Laptop with windows XP as my OS, the newest hardware i have on here is a wireless internet card and a wireless keyboard, i can't get any further than the chocobo race because of the error screen that pops up and then the game crashes. any ideas?

Did you get an XP CD with the laptop? or recovery CD's?

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W

I believe it was an xp cd

Well, then you could try the system file checked first: Insert your Windows CD, and go to Start|Run|Type: sfc /scannow

Liam

Oh i can answer your problem, many people has thid problem and so a patch has been made, just click on 'Chocobo Patch' http://www.ff7citadel.com/downloads/index.shtml

Hope that helps you!

Instead of creating a new topic i will post my FF7 problme here:

I downloaded Final Fantasy 7 Ultima Edition on my PC, it came with animevamps XP patch and so i installed, it did fix the game crashes at Chocobo race and that but it replace a windows system file, according to the internet its the file that controls midi playback. All my other midis play fine its just the ones on FF7, they dont sound right and took the ejoyment right out of my favourite game. I would like to ask does anybody know what system file it could be or wether its a file within FF7 i need to edit. If its a FF7 file please tell me how to edit it, if its a windows system file then i just need to know its name!

-Hades
    Last edited by LordKain; September 4th, 2006 at 03:56 PM.

Thanx the patch is all i need! Thanx for the help everyone! Now does anyone know how i can whatch some of the FF7 movies on my computer with windows media palyer? And if so can i just whatch certain ones or do i have to whatch all of them at once?

Again i can answer go to your FF7 folder i.e. C:\Games\FF7

Then double click on the folder called 'Movies'

Every single movie from the game is saved their and is watchable with Windows Media Player!

-Have Fun

i don't see the movies folder i went under C:/program file/squaresoft/final fantasy and i can't find movies folder on it any idea?

also for some reason i can level up any more with cid it seems to crash again is there a patch somewhere else i can get?

By the sounds of it i think your best of buying the proper thing or redownloading it from somewhere else, i downloaded mine so someone may have converted the videos or i have a codec installed you dont have. I would seroiusly recommend re-download with all these problems. Or your save file maybe corrupt i have 2 save games i could offer you? One is at the very beggining with all items, materia, Level 99 for nearly everyone exc.. or theres the save right at the end witht he Hignwind over the great cavern, down below is the last boss battle but you can still fly about, i have all items and verything with all charcters and everything done! I have one of each chocobo but these where edited into the save and so dont really work properly they all have the specs of a yellow chcobo lol. Juts reply telling me which one you want!

We can't discuss downloading games illegally, which i'm guessing you have done, as i can't find it online anywhere, and i know it is pretty old now, so please don't recommend anywhere to download the game, or apps etc, as discussing this is against the AUP we all work by here: http://www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/privacy/aup.html

Liam

Wasnt going to recommend anywhere and no i didnt download it my mate sent it me! But anyway sorry if we broke any rules, shame giving help to someone can be against the law.

Thread Information