Adding Outlook Express to a Win-7 Home Premium Machine

Thread: Adding Outlook Express to a Win-7 Home Premium Machine

Question Adding Outlook Express to a Win-7 Home Premium Machine

Hey folks:

Has anyone tried to do a Drag-Copy of all Outlook Express E-Mail Browser folders into a new Win-7 Home Premium 64/32 Bit machine?

Seems it is a Stand-Alone Program as part of any Win OS from the past, but I'm not too sure about this.

I really like O-E (simple, easy, fast), but more important, want to recover my Address Book WAB files from my old Win-XP Pro machine, and perhaps some Saved and some InBox e-mail messages.

I don't know where to put it all in my new Win-7 machine to make it work, though I have all of the file paths recorded to give it a try.

Then to copy it all over into this unnecessarily and overly complicated Outlook 2003-2007-2010 E-mail browser I have on my new Win-7 64-Bit machine

I recovered all of the O-E folders from their various locations from my Recovered B-U copy of my old Win XP HDD, which died recently.

Is there a way to make O-E work if I place the folders into their respective folders with in the Win-7 Programs (x86) folder, and the other Apps & Identities folders where O-E had stashed its Address Book and InBox, etc files, similar to my old Win-XP machine?

Any help would be appreciated, even if I can only recover my old address book's WAB files.

Regards,
    SPQR33
    THE ONLY FAILURE IN LIFE IS THE FAILURE TO DO. DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY! "YODA" __ Please post a response so that I and others may gain from your experience

Never heard of such a thing. There are probably a lot of shared files, so it would be really difficult to extract.

Did you try an alternative like Thunderbird instead? It's similar to OE.
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

How do you import WAB address books into Thunderbird?
    http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71380

Hey Midknyte:
    The best thing about computers is thinking how to do things no one else thought of.
    Since O-E is a 16/32-Bit Free-Standing program, it will be worth the time trying to hack this.
    For me, all I really want is my Address Book back to recover numerous lost e-mail contacts when my Win-XP Pro machine died.
    But if I can recover and then use all of those long saved InBox, etc e-mails from that machine...
    Well, that is just frosting on the cup-cake.
    I plan to do my best hacking to get this to work.
    Should I be successful, I'll post my process to this fine forum.
    Regards to all who viewed and tried to help.
    SPQR33
    THE ONLY FAILURE IN LIFE IS THE FAILURE TO DO. DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY! "YODA" __ Please post a response so that I and others may gain from your experience

Good luck then. I would at least give Thunderbird a shot, since it's free.

Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information