Firefox 12.0 Available - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox 12.0 Available

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Well, I installed version 12 and opted out of maintenance, and AVG. So far it is working fine. I have to get an add on or two because I use ff to play online games and a ad blocker keeps the crap down.

On a side note, I'm outside my house with this new laptop.

Adblock Plus would do the job. Tab Mix Plus gives you more control over the tabs, plus it has a session manager. Those are a couple of my must-have add-ons.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Thanks Midknyte. I use FF on this computer for playing games and have the added Adblock PLus. I'll add Tab mix to this one when I upgrade to version 12 on the desktop. Thanks for that suggestion too. How does session manager help?

I've only used FF in its basic form. I have never used it as my default browser because I prefer Opera...Crunchie told me about Opera about 5 years ago and I've always liked how it handled my websites, letting me keep them open as tabs works great. But there are somethings it doesn't do, that being ad blockers. Then again, I really don't need that when I cruise VDR.

Session Manager saves/restores the state of tabs when opening/closing FF. So if you wanted to retain your current tabs when you close FF, that's where you would set it. See post #14.

Thread Information