[RESOLVED] Bypassing password at startup

Thread: [RESOLVED] Bypassing password at startup

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] Bypassing password at startup

I bought a new machine about two years ago and started having some issues with it after about two years. I formatted the hard drive yestrerday and have forgotten how to bypass the password prompt at startup for Windows Seven. Can someone help me out with this minor annoyance? Thanks

Press the Windows Key + R, and in the Run dialog, type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes. Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password...".
    Nick.

Nick, thanks for your response. But something must be wrong somewhere. I did exactly as you said and I get a message during startup that says "The username and password is incorrect." "OK" So I click "OK" then it wants me to enter my password as before. So I do, but it's back to where I started. I may have to live with it this way. Call it strange if you will. Thanks.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    When you did this as SuperSparks said, did you make sure your name was highlighted? Then take the check mark out, click ok, then just click ok in the next windows without putting any password in.
    So I do, but it's back to where I started.
    read my last sentence. What you did was add the password in and you shouldn't have. You should have left that blank, and hit apply, then ok.

That sounds like the default username or password is incorrect. The links below might be useful in setting the default selections to the ones you want to use:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973289

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...d-6c24138e54bc

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...1-50f1738500c7

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    jdc, when he was supposed to leave the password out, he put it back in. If you do this then it goes back to what you had before...having to enter a password.

People. I managed to do it now. There was another box that popped up asking for my password twice so I could bypass putting in my password at startup. I don't recall having to do that with other computers in the past. Thanks

You're very welcome
    Nick.

Thread Information