Google and passwords

Thread: Google and passwords

Google and passwords

A few weeks ago Google sent out information about privacy and to stop the information becoming public knowledge suggested that our google software was set up correctly, or something like that. I followed the instructions but unfortunately since then when logging into my gmail account, or ebay I find I have to type in my password instead of the computer remembering it. I have set IE to remember passwords etc., under tools, but I still cannot get gmail or ebay to remember them. Is there any way I can get gmail to remember my password please, so I do not have to look it up all the time.
    - Tilly

Sony Vaioo Notebook and LG TabBook
    Network via Belkin Modem Router
    Microsoft Defender
    Windows 8

My first computer was a Sinclair SL in 1985.

If you're using Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet options > Content > Autocomplete and turn on the option to remember passwords.

And then, since passwords are stored in Cookies, make sure you aren't using some program to delete cookies.

Thanks for the reply, but I already have the settings like you say in IE. The problem seems to be with the Google related programs - ie Gmail, Ebay, UTube - passwords are remembered OK in other programs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    - Tilly

Sony Vaioo Notebook and LG TabBook
    Network via Belkin Modem Router
    Microsoft Defender
    Windows 8

My first computer was a Sinclair SL in 1985.

The notice said that if you use several Google products, you must use the same ID and PW in all of them. Google wants to send you targeted advertising that's more consistent, but they say they want "to make your internet exoperience more personalized." Another reason I have quit most Google products.

You have to change your ID and PW to make them all alike. They're probably geared not to accept differences till you do.

As for remembering ID's and PW's, Firefox does just fine.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Thread Information