HP Laptops vs. Toshiba Laptops Build Quality

Thread: HP Laptops vs. Toshiba Laptops Build Quality

HP Laptops vs. Toshiba Laptops Build Quality

I'm looking at HP and Toshiba laptops at CostCo and both are 15.6" screens.

$700 - Toshiba Satellite® P755 Laptop 8GB RAM
    Intel Core™ i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
    SuperMulti 8x DVD Drive
    Harman/Kardon® Stereo Speakers
    Integrated WebCam and Microphone
    802.11 b/g/n WLAN

$650.00 - HP Pavilion dv6-6c43cl Laptop 8GB RAM
    Intel® Core™ i5-2450M 2.50 GHz
    Beats™ Audio
    HP SimplePass with Integrated Fingerprint Reader
    HD Webcam
    Bluetooth with WiDi

I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Both of these are close in price and I like the i7 for speed. PhotoShop is the most complicated program I'll have on it...no gaming. Are these two brands fairly equal or is one company ahead of the game with these models? Build quality would be more important to me than the Toshiba being slightly faster.

Thanks for any feedback...I'm sure both are good laptops.
    Mike

I'd go with a Toshiba over an HP. I'd go with the i7 for $50 more also.

What version of Photoshop? That's actually pretty resource intensive, so I'd go for the i7.

I think HP build quality seems to have gone downhill recently. Other people can chime in their own opinions.

Thanks for the info. and that's the way I'm leaning. I've nothing really negetive about either and I do enjoy the speed. I also liked tactile feel of the Toshiba keyboard.

Right now I'm PhotoShop Elements 10 and Adobe Lightroom. Maybe CS6 someday but Elements does a better than most people think.

Lenovo goes on sale a lot as well. My work laptop/tablet has been going for 3years now...no problems. My company still runs XP. I guess it does what they want and saves money switching to 7.

Mike

Ditto the Toshiba over the HP if for the i-7 chip alone. Probably has a better screen and sound than the HP too. I assume the Toshiba is the 755 version that has a 750GB hard drive? If so, that's a nice chunk of drive space for a laptop.
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

Yes, the HD is 750 GB. I don't shoot video and copy my photos to an external. Speed is nice when you're working with PhotoShop or Lightroom. I had a couple of work owned Toshiba's in the past...very durable.

Thanks for the links!
    Mike

Thread Information