[RESOLVED] recording problem with speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] recording problem with speakers

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] recording problem with speakers

Some how the settings got changed and i can not get the sound recorder to amplify.

I have juggled speaker wire from front to back, taken out one inserted one in front one in back, ,
    Th e recording and playbacks show speakers show microphone plugged in, there are 2 microphones shown one enabled
    line in working
    digital input device working
    under windows default sounds is listed
    then it shows windows explorer, iTunes, windows photo gallery, windows live photo gallery windows speech recognition

win vista 32b d top,athlon II X 64 630 processor 2800 4 core gigabyte M68M -S2P

I don't remember if it worked after the new mb was put in,, but the internal sound works, just not the external speakers?
    tks

I don't understand what you mean by "recording problem with speakers"

You record with a microphone, and you play back through speakers. If you could try and explain what the issue is, then we can take it from there.
    Nick.

My sound works on the dtop through ext speakers, but i can't get the microphone to pick up radio broadcast that i was and have been using to make audio file. No sound will amplify, the grren bar on the sound recorder does nothing. I have changed, plugins, front and back, and changed defaults in control panel and via volume mixer etc?????????
    tks

So, you're using the mic to pick up the sound from the speakers to make an audio file? Is that correct? Although from your description I'm still not absolutely sure if you mean the speakers or the mic isn't working.

In either case I would try using a program like Audacity which records directly from the sound card.. it's a much better way of doing what you want... much higher quality sound and it won't pick up external room sounds etc like a mic will.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

no, recording off the radio, with the mic, microphone for some reason will not transmt as i see it, with the sound recorder, speakers work with the d top for anything i play, reference4 to the speakers
    it was a ball game my grandson was participating in, i always could record before this way
    tks

i have juggled from front to back with the mike, did not disconnect the speakers as they were always connected before, for some reason the defaults for record and playback and sound seem to be not synced or the ports are not right?
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; April 21st, 2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added

now i have it so the internet sound wil not play.

when i right click on the digital icon and test, no sound comes out of the speakers
    the green bar is highlighted as sound is working but not coming out

if i right click on speakers the sound comes out of test

first it was microphone now it is some thing else?
    tks

I would try reinstalling the sound card drivers. Sounds like there may be some corruption.

It probably isn't valid but device manager and the driver sections in the volume mixer/sounds/playback etc says drivers are up to date,

Worked yesterday except for the mic
    tks

spdif shows volume in green when you test but no sound comes out, if you have it on speakers the sound of the test comes out?
    the spdif icon has a green check mark, the headphones are not checked or sayus not working "i don't use them", speakers say they are working, no green check there
    in windows default, you can not get a test button there
    Is SPDIF the right icon for there or should it be a different one?
    volume mixer shows spdif windows and firefox

is there something in the sounds by windows section that should be checked or in the digital area?

under supported formats enhancements or advanced what should be checked there?
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; April 23rd, 2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added

spdif is digital out only and would have no effect on mic or speakers. System properties may show the drivers are up to date but they still may be damaged. Uninstalling then reinstalling them would be the first thing I'd try.. or go to the manuf website and get the latest ones and install them over the top.

Question

Could i do a sys restore back 2 days? Nothing changed other wise?

Do i go to device manager and uninstall that and it reboots and redetects?

I have the cd for the MB with audio drivers, it was new in January, i don't remember the last time i used the mike maybe since then i don't know, but other sound was working 2 days ago.
    tks

Question

I have the cd for the MB with audio drivers, it was new in January, i don't remember the last time i used the mike maybe since then i don't know, but other sound was working 2 days ago

What would variations of file associations such as VLC media player, windows media player or quick time have to do with this? Should those be changed in control panel set associations?
    this says it is associated with windows photo gallery , that is not right?

tks
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; April 26th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Yes, you could try either of those things. Or you could use the CD with the drivers and install them over top of the current ones.

The file association is for playback/opening of those media files and would not have anything to do with the mic/soundcard/drivers/etc problem.

I can't see what extension is associated with Windows photo gallery but the default program for each extension is to the far right of the extension in the list. Whichever one is showing it's relationship with photo gallery isn't currently in view. I wouldn't start changing any of those around unless you have a specific reason.

tks
    will try it tonight, best do a restore point before trying the drivers from the cd or not necessary?

I'd run the driver install from the CD first and then see if that does anything. If not try the restore.

ok
    tks

Thread Information