RE: Browsers stop.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Browsers stop.

Hybrid View

RE: Browsers stop.

I have to come back on an issue which I do not seem to be able solving.

I have W 7 with IE9 installed. There is one website which I regularly visit for news. It is located in Germany. From time to time when I go there, the site does not the pictures. It iakes a while and then the little blue icon appears. When I close IE and reopen it, my home page does not show (it is a quite normal one). Then I close IE again and reopen it and the homepage appears normally. Going back to the particular website, the same thing happens again. If I wait for a while and then click a link the link opens fine with all pictures. Then going back, the website opens normally with all pictures.

But this not all! When I close IR as described in the first part and try open Chrome or Firefox, both will not open my homepage. Only after closing and reopening, it will show the homepage.

The described symptons indicate that it is NOT an IE issue but a general one. My connection is cable with a speed about 18Mbps and it works consistently well. To add this: the issue appears also when a website will not open at all in a new tab. My suspicion is that there is a setting of a time-out which does not work. I checked all settings and cannot discover any indication of a wrong one, otherwise my connection would not work so well.

Post a link, as it might be the website causing it.

This the website:

http://www.rp-online.de/public/home/nachrichten

As I said before. It does not happen all the time. For days it can be ok and then suddenly it happens. On instance could cause it: deleting temporary Internet files, the other is cleaning up cookies but not necessarily. However, I cannot understand how the whole issue can have an affect on the other 2 browsers in such a way that they just hovering at the message "Sending request..." Does not make sense.

What do you use clean out the temp files?

I use the usual Internet Option to clean up the Temp. files and History, more or less iregularly. The amount is set to 750 MB for a good reason. For cookies I use AnalogX Cookiewall, Some cookies are kept because of passwords, most others are registered as "Always Delete".

I forgot to mention this: after the website will not open completely and I close IE and go to Chrome for instance and my homepage is back and then open that particular website in Chrome, it works fine. The issue occurs only with IE but I do not believe that it is a IE issue as such.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) by oldtimer is what I use.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files...r-by-oldtimer/

Cookies and the regs are not touched by it.

IE clean up tends to leave lots of garbage behind, so I gave up on it years ago.

6 GB is the most it has pulled off of a computer for me. Sure speeded things up.

I downloaded and ran the temp. file cleaner. Seems to work fine. Restarted and then went to that particlar site. It would not load the pictures. Iattach what I got.

Then I clicked on one article and it opened with all pictures. Then returned and it opened with all pictures.

It seems to me that it has something to do withe composition of the website but the waiting time when I reopen the browser I don't understand.
    RP.jpg

RP1.jpg

I wonder if a add on is causing that.

Sorry, I do not use add-ons with IE.

Sorry, I am wrong I do use Add-Ons. As it appears the add-ons are pretyy normal except for one: Authentic Tec. Inc.: TrueSite Website Log On. I don't know here it came from or what it does and I cannot disable it.

There is also: Zugo Ltd. with Startnoiw Toolbar and Startnow Toolbar Helper, which are disabled. Question is how to get rid of them because there is no need for these two add-ons.

All other add-ons are intentionally there: Google Toolbar, Bing, PDF Helper, etc. Let me know whether you need the whole list.

Googled: TrueSite Website Log On

Found this;
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...e?tab=MoreHelp

Can't say i would trust it myself.

IE add on FAQs
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ons?SignedIn=1
    would be the best place on getting rid of them.

Desertfox--Right click on the blank spot then Properties. You should see a URL in the Address line. Copy that and insert it in your Address bar of your browser. Click Enter. Can you see the image?
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Train,

The links did not provide the answers. Sorry. First of all, Zugo is not under Programs etc. in Control Panel. I ran Revo uninstaller. It is not there either. I then deleted Zugo in the registry but it still appears in Add-ons even after rebooting. It is disabled. I also ran Autoruns and could not find it. So I guess it is not the culprit Add-on.

The other - TrueSite Website Logon - is from HP and was apparently installed on my HP PC, and it seems to be not anything dangerous but it is disabled. It cannot be uninstalled since it is not under Programs in Control Panel.

Welshjim,

can do this only at the next occurrence of the issue.

look in programs, truesite folder and see if a uninstaller is there.

Where were in the past and I still find it there at times.

Have done this already. There is no uninstall.exe in that folder. Should have mentioned this in my last post. I also searched the registry for Zugo but it seems to completely eliminated, no entry left.

I suggest that I wait for a possible reoccurence of the situation and then come back, if there is anything to report.

Thread Information