[RESOLVED] disk not formatted problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] disk not formatted problem

Resolved [RESOLVED] disk not formatted problem

Hello,

I don't have any cd rom drive, so I tried to install windows from an external harddisk of mine. I created a 4 gb partition in it, copied the installation files to it. anyway, it didn't work.

then I found another way, and I managed to install windows 7 to my computer. but now when I try to open my external harddisk, which is a 1 gb wd, it says "disk is not formatted".

when I look from my computer, it seems to be a raw disk. the new partition I created is shown healty.

Using Acronis Disk Suite I deleted the 4 gb partition, and tried to expand the remaining part, but it didn't work. I ran checkdisk from acronis, it found no problems on disk.

my harddisk was %80 full, I don't want to format it. I have no media to copy nearly 800 gb document, if I want to recover. So is there a way to fix the harddisk without formatting?

If you could post a screenshot of the Disk Management window, that would be very helpful. Recovery may be possible, it all depends what Windows thinks the issue is.
    Nick.

Now I cannot, because I solved the problem. It was showing my drive as RAW before.

"Active Partition Recovery" has an option to fix boot sector for the drive. Using this function my problem was fixed much easier than I imagined.

Thank you for your attention.

You're welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted out
    Nick.

Thread Information