Need your assessment of this item

Thread: Need your assessment of this item

Need your assessment of this item

Tomorrow in Chicago this company (never heard of them) is selling their Android tablets (starting from) for $149.
    http://www.jaspadirect.com/

I want to know from you, looking at the specs (and the name?) is this worth the price of $149. Online they sell for $499-599.

Thanks in advance.

IMO it will be a cheap and nasty tablet that's pretty much the same as dozens of other cheap and nasty tablets.

If you want a good cheap tablet, get a Kindle Fire. If you want a really decent tablet get a Samsung Galaxy or an Apple iPad.
    Nick.

Another Velocity Micro Tab?

(Cumbersome, non-responsive and -S-L-O-W-)

This one?

SKYTEX SX-SP715A SKYPAD Alpha2 Android Tablet ARM Cortex-A8 1.20GHz 7" 512MB RAM Memory 4GB Flash Mali-400 3D capable

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-58654004-L0K
    Still looking for an inexpensive but good tablet.

No one has yet created a good tablet for what you would probably consider inexpensive.

OH SHOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    No one has yet created a good tablet for what you would probably consider inexpensive.
    Okay this is what I would use the tablet for:
    1) When I sell at flea markets, to use with one of the Square thingies to charge cards
    2) To use at work to access the internet, because we are being tracked here and I don't want them to reprimand me; plus, some sites are blocked.
    3) for travel. I have a netbook that I travel with too. But the tablet would let me see movies and read books better.

Maybe that explains it.
    $149 is my limit. Because? i just won't use it that much.

I don't know of any tablet that'll do all of that reasonably well for a mere $149.00.

If it was out there everybody would be jumping all over it.

You -might- be able to find one for that kind of money if you sign a two year contract for say $40.00 per month for 3G/4G access.

If you can do without 1), then the Kindle Fire will be ideal for 2) and 3), and not far out of your price range.

Otherwise, look to spend at least $400 for a good tablet. I've never regretted saving up and getting a decent quality item, but I've regretted plenty of times getting something cheap and thinking that it would do as good a job. I suspect if you spend $150 on that tablet you'll end up using it a couple of times and then it will end up in the back of a cupboard.
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparks View Post

I suspect if you spend $150 on that tablet you'll end up using it a couple of times and then it will end up in the back of a cupboard.
    ... right next to the Velocity Micro Tab you already own?

Save up your money instead, and then get a decent one. One that you know will do what you need it to do.

I bought one of these this week and want to return it (which I was told I could do). Unfortunately, I can't find a phone number or where jaspadirect currently is peddling this crap. Can anyone tell me where they saw them last?

Thanks!

can you tell me where you saw them?

In Chicago

These guys were passing out flyers in Chicago that they would have a popup store in the hotel selling the tablet. I never went based on this. The hotel was the Hyatt-Reg in Chicago on Wacker.

Glad you checked in.

Hey guys, what about this tablet, is it any good?
    http://www.amazon.com/POLAROID-INTER.../dp/B007RFA3OE
    Has a name brand. Thanks.

I need a tablet!

The Kindle Fire has been independently audited showing that you get it at cost price, or even a little under cost. Amazon make no profit on the device, because they expect to make their money on ebooks, etc.

So if a decent 7" tablet costs at least $199 to make, you can imagine how much corner cutting has been done on a $120 tablet, where there is a profit margin included as well.
    Nick.

Thread Information