Disabling Integrated GFX Card Without PC On?

Thread: Disabling Integrated GFX Card Without PC On?

Disabling Integrated GFX Card Without PC On?

Hey, I just got a GeForce 210 to replace my burnt out graphics card (it was integrated). My monitor will just keep going to sleep so its not like I can disable it from my desktop, is their a way I can do it manually somewhere on the motherboard? Also, I am clueless where the manual for my motherboard is.. so that is another negative.

This is my PC in case.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...reg_R1002_USEN

Are you sure it's just the onboard video that burnt out? The system should default to the PCIe card once it is installed.

Can you see anything at startup? Can you get into the bios? It should be F1 or F10. Watch the first boot screen to see which key is for "Setup".

When I turn it on, it says DVI and VGA no input signal, then monitor goes to sleep.

We're maybe 80% sure its just the video card, because the pc is stock, I dont see why our motherboard would just burn out with it.

That means the monitor is not getting a signal at all.

I don't see bad integrated video cards very often. Chances are, it's something else causing the system to fail POST. It could be a bad motherboard, ram, power supply, etc. Try reseating the ram or just using one stick. If you have any other pci cards, remove them.

Have you got the monitor connector plugged into the right plug in now that you are no longer using the on board? You may just be use to plugging it into the onboard card when you now need to plug it into the installed one.

Yes also in my experience the BIOS should automatically override the on-board video when you plug in a graphics card. All the way back from PCI to PCI-E most bios' have done that in my experience.
    Something to do while waiting for long downloads. Atari Adventure

Thread Information