Allow Users to install applications on their workstations

Thread: Allow Users to install applications on their workstations

Allow Users to install applications on their workstations

How can I allow certain users to install software on their workstations without adding them to the Domain Administrators group? I have them set up on their local workstation as part of the administrator group and power user group, when they try to load any software it tells them they do not have admin permissions. They have to log off of the domain user acct and log back in as administrator. Is there a way they can load the software from their domain user account instead of having to log on as administrator?

If you go to Local Security Policy and select Local policys and then User Rights Assignment all the settings are in there.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Cheers,

Log on as administrator at the local PC and add the domain users to the admin group.
    If the domain is called DOMAIN and the user in the domain is called Steve, then the user added is called DOMAIN\Steve and not only Steve.
    Hope this helps.

------------------
    Add
    Subtract
    Multiply !!
    Divide
    and conquer.
    Add
    Subtract
    Multiply !!
    Divide
    and conquer.

aksjoar Guest
    By assigned DOMAIN\USER_NAME local admin rights problem should be fixed as mentioned
    by autark

aksjoar

HI. I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES. I UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW THE User Rights Assignments BUT WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHICH STRING/KEY I AM SUPPOSED TO MODIFY. CAN YOU HELP?

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    terence, this thread is 11 years old. It would be better if you started a new thread, to address your problems. And please don't post in all caps.

Thread Information