IE8 Problem

Thread: IE8 Problem

IE8 Problem

When I change a domain MX records and go back later they are back to original settings. What can I do? I'm using Windows 7 OS. I completely remove the original settings and click "save changes" and enter new mx records and click save changes. It shows the new settings but a bit later the mx records have reverted to original ones

Since you mention IE8 in the trhread title, I assume that you are using a web interface to make these changes. Is the server owned by you and on your premises, or is this server from a hosting company? If it is from a hosting company, you may need to contact them on this issue.

Thanks jdc for your response. I been waiting to see if problem went away. It didn't go away. I am hosting my domain with Namecheap The Mx records are set to a google apps act. I am trying to set mx records to a different email hosting acct. I can set mx records to the desired acct and everything looks ok. After a couple hours I check the mx records and they have reverted to the original google apps acct. Same results with an FF browser. I tried changing the mx records on another domain I own. Same results, in an hour or less this second one has reverted back to original setting. It may be a flaw in Namecheap.

They are likely being restored from backups by your hosting service. The issue has nothing to do with your web browser. Contact them to get a permanent change.

Thanks jdc. I have emailed support and am awaiting their response.

Thread Information