[RESOLVED] "Apple Push"-is this really neccessary for startup?

Thread: [RESOLVED] "Apple Push"-is this really neccessary for startup?

Resolved [RESOLVED] "Apple Push"-is this really neccessary for startup?

Periodically, I check my Start-up menu through "Run" just to make sure nothing has been added that does not need to be there--Quick Time & Adobe is the worst about doing this. Anyway, I have a Data Start-up web site that I use to check out Start-Up files/Names, and Apple Push is not in that data base. I did a search with Google for that term, and this is what I found:

Monitor and manage your iCloud storage through Vista and Windows 7 with this free applet.

If you’ve updated your iPhone, iPod or iPad to iOS 5, you’ll no doubt be aware of the existence of iCloud, Apple’s online storage service. If this is the case, iCloud Control Panel for Windows is what you need to stay in control of your storage account.

The utility, as the name suggest, does install as a Control Panel applet, but it can also be accessed through the notification area of the taskbar in Vista and Windows 7. With a couple of clicks, the app enables you to monitor the amount of storage space you have available – the 5GB provided free of charge may seem like quite a lot to start with, but once you start to synchronize photos and files, it’s surprising how quickly this can be eaten.
    Now I don't have an IPod or any other device similar, but I do have ITunes that I installed not too long ago. Not sure if this is part of ITunes or not. But then again, recently Amazon gave me a free music file (song) for buying a music CD through them and I think this might have something to do with Apple Push because I had to download something else to get the song. Like I said, not sure where I got this Apple Push and not sure if I need it or not. Don't like to un-check something if I don't know what it is and what it is for. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me about this Start-up file.
    Sheila

Found Another I Don't Understand

I just found one more on the start up menu that I am not sure of. It is called: "The Catalyst Control Center" It also was not listed in the data base for start-up files on the web site I am using. So I Googled it too. This is what I found:

The Catalyst Control Center is the user interface for Ati's Radeon graphics cards drivers.

The Catalyst Control Center is, as the name indicates, the command center of the driver that gives you access to all options and features. You can launch the CCC via the Windows Start Menu or by clicking the right mouse button on your Windows Desktop and clicking on "Catalyst™ Control Center” in the context menu. When you launch the Catalyst Control Center we recommend that you activate the "Advanced” version because otherwise you won't have access to a lot of options.
    Now I do play a couple of intense games on my computer, so I don't want to mess up anything that is going to mess up my games, so is this necessary to be on the start-up menu for me to be able to play my games?
    Thanks,
    Sheila

The Catalyst Control Center should be for your video adapter. I wouldn't mess with that one.

Leave CCC alone.

You can uncheck Apple Push if you want.
    APSDaemon.exe (otherwise known as Apple Push) is the service that wirelessly syncs your device. It may safely be stopped from running at startup, but you may not be able to wirelessly sync your device. It is recommended to leave the process with its current settings for the best customer experience.

I have a wireless printer and a wireless home phone instead of a landline, so would Apple Push effect those things if I unchecked it? The printer is a wireless Canon, and the home phone device is a Wireless Verizon home phone.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

No. It's to sync APPLE devices. It has nothing to do with your other wifi devices.

Thanks everyone, I will uncheck Apple Push and leave checked CCC.

Once more a problem solved again due to all the helpful & patient people on this site,
    Thanks again,
    Sheila

Thread Information