Hi...

My PC browser is IE8.

A few weeks ago I noticed that it won't open certain websites. The same message comes up..."ChromeActiveDocument Class", and it presents three choices; open, save, or cancel. If I click 'open', a blank white screen appears, and the computer simply locks up, forcing, at best, closure of the browser, or at worst, a control-alt-delete shut down. 'Save' saves a page to my desktop which, when opened, gives a text-based page of mostly illegible letters and symbols.

A few of the sites are: Yahoo, Skype, Living Social, Groupon, Facebook, King5, and several others.

Thinking it migh help, I installed Google 'Chrome', but it made no difference...I still couldn't open those sites.

I took the computer in to be serviced, mentioned the issue with the "Chrome Active Document Class", and when I picked it up...voila!...I could open the sites, and when asked, the service guy muttered something about 'optimizing windows', and 'clearing the cache'...but within a couple of weeks, I'm experiencing the same problem.

I have a DSL connection through Comcast, but so is my laptop and it loads fine.

What is a "Chrome Active Document Class", and what is going on with my computer to cause issues with these sites?

Regards,

tom b.