[RESOLVED] M-40 TELEX MICROPHONE

Thread: [RESOLVED] M-40 TELEX MICROPHONE

Resolved [RESOLVED] M-40 TELEX MICROPHONE

NEED DRIVER FOR M-40 FOR WIN 7 PROF. MICROPHONE WILL NOT INSTALL WITHOUT A DRIVER. WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD ONE?

JERRY

I am not aware of any microphone that needs a driver. However, your sound or multimedia card or onboard sound needs a driver, and that driver should be what detects and used the microphone.

What happens when you plug the microphone into the microphone jack on the computer?

Note: That is a $4 microphone at best. Reviews are not that great.

As jdc2000 says, you don't need a microphone driver. And you cannot download one because such things do not exist.

Right-click on the speaker icon in the Notification Area, and select "Recording Devices". Tell us what you see in there.
    Nick.

It lists 3 different microphones. One plugged in. The other two not plugged in.
    Also line in not plugged in. I think when I first plugged in the microphone I got
    a message installing device then said cannot install because a driver is needed?

Jerry

If it is showing a microphone plugged in, then it would appear to be connected OK. What is the exact problem you are having?
    Nick.

I plugged one of these:

into an Acer netbook running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit today and it worked great. I then plugged it into a Systemax running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and same thing, worked great. In both cases, I didn't have to do a thing ... other than plug it in.

You solved my problem. Thanks, Jerry

Thread Information