I've recently been using CamStudio to do some screen recording of videos that can't be downloaded using any free video downloaders. The free CamStudio screen capture is my workaround to this problem.

The suggested codec to use is either CamStudio's own CamStudio Lossless Codec or Lagarith Lossless Codec. I have tried using Lagarith and the quality is way better than others such as Microsoft Video 1 or MPEG-4 VK1 (Codec 1 throguht to 3) amongst others.

But the problem I have with Lagarith is that for short recording time, it is ok, But for longer recording time (around 10 mins or so) it does not work. After (anything between 40% to 75% depending on the recording) compressing the recording to create the video, it comes up with the message:

"File Creation Error. Unable to rename/Copy audio file"

I tried the CamStudio codec last night for a long recording and got the same error message after it's compressing/saving the fiile to something like 60%

Please help, either to fix this or an alternative codec to try that will give the same quality as the two mentioned. The CamStudio support is not working. So no joy there.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

BTW, I am using Internet Explorer 7 and Windows XP Pro with SP3 on my laptop.