[RESOLVED] DVD Burning Issues

Thread: [RESOLVED] DVD Burning Issues

Resolved [RESOLVED] DVD Burning Issues

I am experiencing a weird problem with burning DVDs at the moment on my PC. I have created an .ISO file from a couple of .MPG files, total size 4.3Gb, and I have successfully burned the file to a 4.7Gb DVD-RW disc. This plays fine on my DVD player.

When I try to burn the same ISO file to a regular DVD blank (i.e. not Read/Write) I get an "Error Writing to Disc" message and the burn aborts. I have tried this with Verbatim DVD-R and TDK DVD+R blanks and both types have failed. I have also tried using both DVD drives, same error.

It seems I may have some sort of weird hardware issue; does anyone know of any freeware diagnostic software that can give me a possible reason why I keep getting failures?

The two varieties of burn software I have been using are Windows 7 DVD Maker, and VideoRedo, my o/s is W7 Home Premium 32-bit with 3Gb memory.

I use CDburnerXP.
    http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Compatible drives
    http://cdburnerxp.se/en/testeddrives

Have you used a lens cleaner cd?

Thanks Train; I've never heard of CDBurnerXP, but I gave it a try and it performed faultlessly. It's a very neat bit of software, and free to boot. Definitely going to be my ground-floor burner software from now on.

Consider this issue resolved!

Glad it did the trick for you and yes, you can now see why I like it.

Thread Information