Internet Explorer Aggravating Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer Aggravating Me

Internet Explorer Aggravating Me

OK, so I'm the one who has just reinstalled windows 7 from an upgrade disk over last weekend. Everything was going fine until I got on the computer this morning. I cannot navigate with IE at all. It keeps freezing up and will not do anything. I did the reset and it didn't help. I am now on my old windows xp computer, and it's working in here. I thought of installing another web browser but I can't since I would have to install it through IE. Please help, as I am sitting here going crazy with IE.

You would not have to install it through IE. On the computer you're on now go to Mozilla and download Firefox. Put it on a CD or thumb drive, take that to the other computer and install it.
    Biostar TA790GX A2+ 6.0
    AMD Phenom X4 9750 CPU.
    4 Gig DDR2 Memory.
    ATI HD 5450 PCIe Video
    ATI HD 5450 PCIe Video
    500 Watt P.S.
    LG W2241T Widescreen 22" LCD
    ViewSonic VA721 17" LCD
    Envision 17" LCD
    2 LG DVD Drives
    Floppy Disk Drive
    Maxtor 120 Gig Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
    Gateway NV5378-U Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Acer Aspire V3-731 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

imanetter2--Win 7 installs IE8 by default. Is IE8 what you are running? You could try updating to IE9.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...wide-languages
    Use the same technique suggested by dneilson, or use the alternative browsers to download from the link.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

If applicable,
    Install the Service Pack 1 and all the relevant hotfixes.
    Cheers.

I tried both Firefox and Chrome. I was still getting the same and on top of it all, Google Chrome had a trojan attached to it. I got that cleared and uninstalled the two browsers. I had unchecked an add-on that was installed with McAfee Suite and that helped a lot. I can open IE now. The only thing I have problems with is that when I click on a few links that will open 3 web browser pages, they will not open and cause a freeze up. I was always able to do that in the past but for some reason, it isn't working right now. Any suggestions on that?......Windows did install IE 8, but then the windows update installed IE9.......I believe service pack 1 installed from windows update as I see the words "service pack for microsoft windows (KB976932) on the installed page. Also listed are many updates and security updates that installed also. I think I'm good there, too......So, what can be causing the multiple windows to crash like that after they have always worked on my computer in the past? ALSO Something new showed up on my re-install called windows old. Do I need this or should I delete it?

Windows 7 64bit
    500GB harddrive
    8GB memory

Quote Originally Posted by imanetter2 View Post

I was always able to do that in the past but for some reason, it isn't working right now. Any suggestions on that?
    You might try using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly:System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

Sometimes, the installation of a program or a driver can cause an unexpected change to your computer or cause Windows to behave unpredictably. Usually, uninstalling the program or driver corrects the problem. If uninstalling doesn't fix the problem, you can try restoring your computer's system to an earlier date when everything worked correctly.

Unhappy

I hesitate to do system restore because internet explorer had trouble right from the start. Before any files or programs were installed on my computer, I was using IE and it had the problem right away. When I open IE, it will hang for a long time, so I keep closing it and re opening it. It will finally come up to use but not from a link, just by opening it. If I do system restore, it will be restoring before all the things I have installed since windows 7 was re installed and I will have to go through two days of updating and re installing again. I disabled all add-ons and there was no change there. I did run the compatibility toubleshooter and this is what it came up with and reported: INCOMPATIBLE APPLICATION DETECTED IEXPLORE. then it said: FIX APPLICATION IEXPLORE----COMPLETED. When I try it again, it still does the same thing. How can IE be incompatible when it always worked fine in my previous installation of windows 7 and how do I fix this?
    Last edited by imanetter2; December 2nd, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

Reinstall Windows.

If that doesn't work, you may have a hardware issue that needs to be resolved.

How do I find out if I have a hardware issue? (I didn't have one in the last install of 7) I looked in device manager and everything is fine there. Please let me know the next step.

If you still have IE9, uninstall it. See what happens with IE8.

Well, I uninstalled IE 9 and used IE 8 and it is still acting up so I re-installed IE 9. I have been using the 64bit version since the 32bit is worse. I do have a 64bit computer so I believe that will not hurt. The problem that I am having is when I open up Windows Live Mail and click on a link in one of the emails, it brings up IE. It keeps saying that it is waiting for the website I'm on to respond, then it freezes up. If I open the browser before clicking on any link in my email, it opens up another tab and the site come up. Everything in my computer is working fine but IE. Because I like IE, I am trying hard to figure this out. I went into add and remove programs to see if any software snuck into my computer but everything in there is what I put in. I used something called "Microsoft Fix It". When I click to run the troubleshooter in there, a page comes up stating "An unexpected error occurred, the troubleshooting wizard cannot continue." The it says to view the error details. It is reporting "IEBrowserWebDiagnostic, error code 0x80070057." Then it says "Context: Elevated." I looked up that code but it confuses me on what to do. I have reset IE, checked the device manager for any hardware issues and even restarted my computer and nothing helps. Any ideas?

The links below may apply to your issue. If IE is started in InPrivate browsing and in Safe Mode only when you click on a link in Windows Live Mail, then that is likely your problem with IE.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-454d593b785b

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-71a391e6553e

imanetter2--You have enough problems to suggest a Repair Install.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...r-install.html
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

I have tried to do a repair install three times but it stops me flat by saying that a newer version is already installed. Repair install just doesn't work. Now what?
    Last edited by imanetter2; December 7th, 2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by imanetter2 View Post

Repair install just doesn't work. Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post

Reinstall Windows.

Thread Information