Changing Windows Vista to Windows 7

Thread: Changing Windows Vista to Windows 7

Changing Windows Vista to Windows 7

I have a laptop with Vista and want to upgrade to Windows 7. If I order a windows 7 OS from say Ebay,what is involved in removing Vista and installing windows7 Is it a do it your self job? Thanks for any help

I would go straight to Win 10, but that is your call.

I do NOT do ebay , bad illegal products tend to show up there. But newegg
    https://www.newegg.com/Operating-Sys...ategory/ID-368
    I do deal with.

You can upgrade or do a clean install, but either way, back up what you would hate to lose. Preferably, a external HDD at least that is NOT connected while installing.

It would help if we knew what make and model of laptop you have. If it has Vista, Windows 7 should work OK on it. For Windows 10 you would need to see if there are drivers available for it, since it would not be eligible for the free upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    It would help if we knew what make and model of laptop you have. If it has Vista, Windows 7 should work OK on it. For Windows 10 you would need to see if there are drivers available for it, since it would not be eligible for the free upgrade.
    Thanks to all respndersI really appreciate you taking time to respond. I have been doing some checking. Talked to a computer repair man I have dealt with before And asked what he would charge to up grade my TOSHIBA Lap top? He quoted a price of $120 for a Windows 7 OS and $140 to install it. He suggested it was not a good idea to do so. Therefore I have decided to drop the idea. Thanks again to all I did not think I had the skill to do the job myself

Thread Information