MS Communicator & Outlook GAL

Thread: MS Communicator & Outlook GAL

MS Communicator & Outlook GAL

Window XP SP3 & MS Outlook 2007 SP2 have been working fine. I installed Communicator 2 & was able to access the Outlook GAL - for about a week. Then, every time I tried to query the GAL, it failed. I could add recipients to Communicator from an e-mail message, but typing in a valid name would no longer get a 'hit' in Communicator.

I followed the MS Technet suggestion and deleted the GAL....db file but it's been over a day and I still can't access the GAL via Communicator. I've uninstalled the s/w and will re-install once I connect back up, but I was wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Besides a fully-functioning brain....

I appreciate the reply. The GAL in Outlook is current and gets updated regularly, even in cached mode. The problem is the GAL is not available to OCS.

I did the re-install, but, as usual with MS, there was a folder/file set "left over" and the problem still remains. Tomorrow I'll re-do the uninstall - removing the remaining files - then re-install and see if OCS will re-create its version of the GAL.

Just a bit more weirdness from Microsoft: in OCS, if I type in the usual "Outlook" identifier (last name, first name), I get "not found" - but if I type in the fully-qualified e-mail address (first.last@fully-qualified-domain-name.xxx), the contact is found.

What REALLY torques me off is that a colleague sitting right next to me has it working fine. He didn't do anything special, either, which simply confirms my case of "turnsta" syndrome when it comes to computers.

Thread Information