[RESOLVED] IE cannot open various sites

Thread: [RESOLVED] IE cannot open various sites

Resolved [RESOLVED] IE cannot open various sites

I use Firefox, so I'm not very familiar with IE, but my wife uses IE (Ver 7) on Win XP and for various reasons has to do so. She uses Outlook for email, which is located on her company's server.

Problem started when she went to reply to an email and the browser popped up with "IE cannot locate page www... Action aborted" as soon as she clicked the "reply" button. Problem has become progressively worse, affecting more and more locations, sometimes not letting her open an email, for instance. Same issue on her personal email, which is on Cox.net. It applies on other sites as well, sometimes opening the home page of a site, but not "finding" the next page of the site when she clicks on a link.

This is happening only on her home computer, a laptop, not at work.

When she uses Firefox, all of the same links work without issue, and her Cox email works fine. (She cannot access her business email with Firefox, I believe.) I have a desktop on the same cable connection and am having no problems at all.

Any ideas/solutions for me, folks?

In IE, go to Tools>Internet Options, then in the Advanced tab, click the "Reset" button and see if that helps.
    Nick.

And Virtual Doctor is the hero once again. I have sent several dozen people here for help, and you have never disappointed. And now you are making me a hero in my wife's eyes -- on my birthday to boot.

That's excellent news

And Many Happy Returns
    Nick.

Happy Birthday Billy

Thread Information