Unable to send photos via email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to send photos via email

Unhappy Unable to send photos via email

Hi Guys,

Am having trouble sending photos via windows live mail. Have used the prog for a while now without problems, yesterday tried to send email with 5 photos attached and it got stuck in my outbox and wouldn't let me send anything! I deleted offending email, it disappeared but didn't show in the deleted file and I was still unable to send any emails, I finally had to restart computer to clear problem. This morning I tried again with just one photo and still no luck although this time it did not gum up the email prog. I received an error code which was: OX8CCCDO33, looked this up on the knowledge base and it doesn't seem to exists!!! I would be grateful if some kind soul could help me!!

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

What is the file size of just the one picture?
    Are you attaching it or inserting it into the body of the mail?

Was there more verbage to go with the error code?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I'm attaching but it seems to go automatically into the body of the email. The size is approx 230KB the full message is:

error code Ox8CCCDO33
    server smtp and my email info (correct)
    Protocol SMTP
    Port 25
    Secure (SSL) No

An update. I have just successfully managed to send a 4.5MB wave file, I then tried a different set of photos. These didn't go either. I got a message up saying 'creating an album on windows live skydrive' then the same error message as before. Does that make any sense to anyone?

Can you try Picasa?

Quote Originally Posted by fiendish View Post
    An update. I have just successfully managed to send a 4.5MB wave file, I then tried a different set of photos. These didn't go either. I got a message up saying 'creating an album on windows live skydrive' then the same error message as before. Does that make any sense to anyone?
    Not to sway you to another program, but I use Picasa as a view & online photo storage.
    Are you trying to attach them to an email message? It's best to have the pics on your hard drive and attach from there.

Hi Sal_gal

I have used picasa in the past but now prefer to us Photoshop Elements 9 or windows. Have been trying to send as attachment to email via PS9 or of the hard drive, it makes no difference, nothing works!!

Try uninstalling and re-installing Live Mail, and see if that helps.
    Nick.

Do I need to backup emails or anything or will it just pick it all up again?

Email provider problem

Quote Originally Posted by fiendish View Post
    Hi Sal_gal

I have used picasa in the past but now prefer to us Photoshop Elements 9 or windows. Have been trying to send as attachment to email via PS9 or of the hard drive, it makes no difference, nothing works!!
    That seems to be an email provider problem. Do you have another email account? Try using Yahoo or Google to send and see if the same happens. Sometimes the "format" is not readable by the email client.

That depends on the email protocol you are using - if they are POP3 , then you'll need to back them up. If they are IMAP, then you don't need to worry as they are always left on the server.
    Nick.

pop3 I think, Ok, that is me sorted for a while then!

Well I back it all up and the deleted windows live package, have just re-downloaded it and sorted it all out. Tried sending a photo via email and guess what...it didn't work

Any other ideas? Please

Have finally managed to send three photos in the same email via attachment, won't work if I add them as an album though It must have something to do with the windows skydrive as far as I can figure. That seems to be the point where it all goes pear-shaped, strange as it has always worked for me before.

fiendish--I am not sure this is the reason for your problem, but maybe it will help.
    WLM 2011 uses SkyDrive to send photos by email. (You are sending the photos to Skydrive, while the email goes to the recipient. The recipient then retrieves the photos from Skydrive. But if you do not have a Skydrive account, the photos are lost.)
    http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...il-2011-a.html
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thumbs up

I am now certain that skydrive is the culprit, I far preferred it the 'old way' it worked well, why do they always have to mess with things that aren't broken?

Shall have a read of the link you have very kindly sent to me.

Thank you all very much for all of you that have helped, don't know what I would do without virtualdr when I have trouble!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Thread Information