how to podcast

Thread: how to podcast

how to podcast

Greetings,

I have a client who wants to put up podcasts on his website and Itunes (I do computer repair, networking, and some Basic websites) I've done some research and the Itunes piece appears pretty daunting. There must be an easier way.
    What's the easy way that you guys recommend to do this?

Thanks a Bunch,

Christopher

I don't know anything about iTunes, I never have, and never will use it. But as for creating a podcast, nothing could be simpler as long as you have a microphone, and some recording software. The freeware Audacity program should do nicely:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Then just speak into the mic, and save the file as an MP3
    Nick.

Thanks Sparks!

Yea, recording, converting, hosting, uploading, and linking, I got.

Its just the, getting it onto Itunes (which my customer wants), that I am stuck.

There must be an easy way without having to pay a monthly fortune.

Hopefully someone will have an idea...?

Wikipedia > iTunes > File Format Support
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itunes#File_format_support
    File format support

iTunes 10 can currently read, write and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC (.m4a) and Apple Lossless.[27]

iTunes can also play any audio files that QuickTime can play (as well as some video formats), including Protected AAC files from the iTunes Store and Audible.com audio books. There is limited support for Vorbis and FLAC enclosed in an Ogg container (files using the Ogg container format are not naturally supported) or Speex codecs with the Xiph QuickTime Components. Because tag editing and album art is done within iTunes and not QuickTime, these features will not work with these QuickTime components. As of Snow Leopard, iTunes 9 (Mac) will play HE-AAC / AAC+ internet streams. The latest version of iTunes (Win/Mac) supports importing audio CDs with the default iTunes standard file format of AAC at 256 kbit/s, but users can choose from 16 kbit/s to 320 kbit/s constant bit rates (CBR) in either AAC or MP3.[citation needed]

Importing of audio CDs into MP3 or AAC formats can also be accomplished using variable bitrate (VBR) encoding. However, a double-blind experiment conducted in January 2004 of six MP3 encoders noted that the iTunes encoder came last, in that the quality of the files produced by iTunes was below par. It was stated in the final results that these tests only covered VBR encodings, thus iTunes might have performed better with a Constant bitrate (CBR).[28] In a follow-up test performed in October, 2008, iTunes' results were similar to those of the four other MP3 encoders being compared.[29]

The Windows version of iTunes can automatically transcode DRM-free WMA (including version 9) files to other audio formats, but does not support playback of WMA files and will not transcode DRM protected WMA files. Telestream, Inc. provides free codecs for Mac users of QuickTime to enable playback of unprotected Windows Media files. These codecs are recommended by Microsoft.[30]

How to publish a podcast on the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA23478

FAQs for Podcast makers

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/creatorfaq.html
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

Thread Information