[RESOLVED] trackpad not working

Thread: [RESOLVED] trackpad not working

Resolved [RESOLVED] trackpad not working

Hi, about 10 minutes after a my wife's windows 7 laptop fell off a table, the trackpad stopped working. Not a coincidence, I'm sure. But I wanted to investigate regardless. I discovered that when the driver is uninstalled, it works. But wihen the driver is installed it stops working. And when I restart it, the driver autoinstalls. I tried disabling autoinstall but it still autoinstalls.

Any thoughts on this, or am I stuck sending this out for repair?

Running System Restore wouldn't do any harm, that sometimes sorts out these oddball glitches.

Was the lappy running when it took its tumble?
    Nick.

Well, I feel stupid. Sort of. I had already tried a system restore to no avail. Yesterday I noticed a little button - it sits flush with the case, same color as the case material and guess what, it turns the trackpad on and off. That explains why the trackpad worked after the driver was uninstalled. So, problem solved, everything works. The button is pretty inconspicuous - neither my wife or I had ever seen it before.

Thanks

Not many have that button, but as you noted some do. As I used a USB mouse, that button is real handy!

Thread Information