hooking up my tv to my computer .....

Thread: hooking up my tv to my computer .....

hooking up my tv to my computer .....

mobo ............. MSI 890GXM-G65
    cpu ............... AMD PH-II X6 1100T 3.3G 9MB BX125W BLACK AM3
    video ............. EAH5770 CUCore/2DI/1GD5 ( X , 2 in crossfire mode )
    ram ............... Kingston HyperX 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 ( X , 4 Total 16 gigs )
    Power supply .. Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W Modular Power Supply
    Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 7200 rpm 16MB IDE/EIDE , with a couple sata backup hard drives.

Before I mess up my computer now that I have it working , any thoughts about the best way to get my 43" lcd hooked up to my computer so the video and audio work.

I have the onboard video dissabled in my bios

I bought a HDMI cable and have it hooked up to my video card HDMI port and into my HDMI socket on my TV.

The video works on my tv but there is no sound ( i figure because the video card has no audio )

If I plug it in to the HDMI port on the mother board I get no video out , my guess is because I have it dissabled in my bios.

Attached is a picture of the back connections on my board , do I enable the onboard video and plug the HDMI into that for my tv hoping that the audio would work on the HDMI cable , or does the SS ( white ) connection on the audio connections mean sterio sound and work like a head phone jack that I can plug into my 5.1 suround sound auxillary input.

The other connections ( green black and blue ) I have my 5.1 computer speakers pluged into.

I hope I did not make this too confusing as it was the best way I could describe things here ..... Thanks in advance ......... surfacerider
    ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    AMD PH-II X6 1100T 3.3G 9MB BX125W BLACK AM3
    EAH5770 CUCore/2DI/1GD5 ( X , 2 in crossfire mode )
    Kingston HyperX 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 ( X , 4 Total 16 gigs )
    Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W Modular

There should be a way of hooking the audio to the graphics card to enable the HDMI audio, you will need to refer to the graphics card manual to see if it is possible. If it isn't the only choices are to use a separate audio system or to use the on-board graphics.

BTW, you usually need to expressly set HDMI output in Control Panel>Sound>Playback Devices.
    Nick.

Thread Information