Iphone 3GS and MS Exchange Server 2003..Unable To Verify Account Information

Thread: Iphone 3GS and MS Exchange Server 2003..Unable To Verify Account Information

Iphone 3GS and MS Exchange Server 2003..Unable To Verify Account Information

Connection To The Server Failed... Unable to verify... over and over.. Tons of posts all over the place. I don't think any really reach any conclusions... Anyone have any insight?
    Optiplex 390, i5-2400, 8GB Ram, Win 7 Pro, Dell E6500 w/XP, Poweredge 840, T100

FIXED IT!!!

So, tons.. TONS of interest.. No responses.. Considering the fact that I've spent about 3 days on this (non stop) with my tech guy.. I'm going to share what we finally concluded, here on day 4, at 5:41 PM... We have conquered the impossible... SBS 2003, and Iphone 3GS on 4.0.1 is SYNCING!

Make sure everything is up to date on the server side of things, especially for exchange.

The primary issue was making sure Outlook Mobile Access was accessible from outside the internal network, and that the user can get in. The only immediate way was to add the user to the administrator group (not ideal for network security, but since we were just testing..). The user was already enabled for mobile access, even though it didn't work. We could send, but not receive... Apple's amazing helpful tech support simply said, "It's a setting on the exchange account on the phone", and that was all.. He even gave me a heart-felt apology, as if even he knew his answer was hogwash...

Had to open up port 80, not just 443... Make sure you require SSL on the phone. Go to IIS, (Internet Information Services) expand default website, and everything will be in the main listing... The properties of OMA (right click), directory security tab, second section down, where it says IP Address, Domain Restrictions, changed from DENIED Access, to Granted...

Do the same thing on permissions for 'microsoft-server-activesync' (one item).. The properties of this item is what we granted access to...

I hope this helps someone else aside from myself!!!

Thanks for the update. Should be useful for others. It might be interesting to check back later to see how many views have acumulated on this thread.
    Last edited by jdc2000; November 18th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.

Sheesh.. Yeah, judging by the lack of conclusive information on THOUSANDS of posts we've sifted through.. I sure hope it does.. Nearly ALL of the posts we read, they cannot pinpoint exactly what fixed it, but moreso hiccup fixes.. Jump up and down twice as the sun sets, wearing red pants... Well, this one works now...

ANd, 'the others' being key, as there are THOUSANDS with this problem...

Also an FYI.. My Iphone is jailbroken, as well...4.0.1

YOU ROCK!!!

Its amazing that of the thousands of which I am one, no one else offered this solution up. I did it and presto chango it worked like a charm. I appreciate your efforts in this. I spent at least as much time but apparently barking up the wrong tree. Thanks much!!

Chris

No prob! Glad it helped!

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Should be useful for others. It might be interesting to check back later to see how many views have acumulated on this thread.
    Just checked back on the thanks.. 1,300 views! Not bad.. ;c)

Thread Information