[RESOLVED] visual C++ problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] visual C++ problem

Resolved [RESOLVED] visual C++ problem

I've just cleaned 268 infected files off a Vista laptop for a lady in the village and now, on boot up get - Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library Application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way -

has malwarebytes deleted something I needed? Any thoughts on getting it back?

You can download the Runtime here - if you need the 64-bit version you will find a link at the bottom:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...3-37bf0912db84
    Nick.

And saved again

I like to think I help out a few people around the village who maybe don't have much idea about computers, but every time I get stuck I say a little thank you to all you guys, without whom I wouldn't be able to sort half as many.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN

You are always welcome
    Nick.

Spoke too soon!

Unlike the versions on google my little window doesn't mention a program that's at fault. It's at boot up time it comes up, well through it from memory of Vista (been on 7 myself now since launch!)
    I just kept clicking on ok and on the 5th click it finished and went to the user page in a couple of seconds.
    Installed the program from the download you gave me and then re-installed just in case and it gave a repair option which I took.

I think I'm going to have to back up some data and re-instal windows??

Personally, with a machine that badly infected, I would always advise doing that. Too many files get messed up during the infection and/or removal process
    Nick.

All done, took hours though... over 250 windows updates in four seperate batches - left it downloading overnight in our bedroom and just clicked at appropriate moments if I wakened up

All her photos etc restored (but lost her contacts somehow!) ho hum... onto the hard drive one from the XP forum now - it arrived today.

Thanks for the input.

Thread Information