[RESOLVED] Unable to send e-mail

Thread: [RESOLVED] Unable to send e-mail

Resolved [RESOLVED] Unable to send e-mail

Hi there,

Don't shoot me down for using old(ish0 software! Using XP Pro with IE6 for e-mail with a BT / Yahoo (*.@talk21.com) e-mail address with both POP3 and occasionally, web based.. Until a few days ago, all was fine, then the e-mail would not go from my computer. When I checked the BT/Yahoo web site, I could not log-in with a message saying that my a/c had some usual activity and that I should run a virus check and change password.

MSE / Malwarebytes / Super Anti-Spywre all came up clean but I did change the p/w. For a couple of days, all was fine, but now, again, e-mail do not go from my *.talk21.com account. I can log-on to the a/c on the web, and all is fine. I can send mails from a back-up address.

Does anyone know if there is a BT problem or what I can do to make it work again?

Thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Think the panic may be over. I had changed the p/w in Tools/Accounts/Properties/Server/ Incoming Mail Server, but had not done so in Outgoing Server Setting. When I reset that p/w, the mail in my outbox went.

Hopefully, that has solved the issue.

Rex

(I taught first grade. It's Hokey Pokey)

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Although I consider myself to be reasonably computer savvy, if I don't use something for about five months, I will probably have forgotten what to do.

When I logged into my BT/Yahoo e-mail a/c and had the 'there has been some unauthorised usage of your a/c' message, I just followed the screen prompts to change the p/w. The incoming was listed but I don't recall there being an outgoing mention. Probably because the assumption is that I would be using it web based rather than POP3.

Whatever, it's working fine until the next global hacking event!

Rex

Thread Information