Hi guys, it's been a while I'm back with a problem that's been driving me nuts.

I have set up for my dad a new PC with Windows 7 (x64, Home Edition) and Windows Live Mail aka Outlook Express' replacement. It is the default e-mail client with a POP3/SMTP account, nothing related to Microsoft Live services. I have also installed the client software for a Brother networked printer/scanner - I'll get to it in a second.

Windows Live Mail (WLM) comes with a handy dandy feature for sharing large photos: instead of attaching them as files to the e-mail, it can upload the images on the Live service, and create a neat "Photo Album" e-mail with thumbnails linked to the high-res images online.

Sounds great, but I don't want to use the Live service at all, and would LOVE to disable this altogether. So there's a workaround, in WLM Options I can tell it NOT to convert image attachments into a photo album. And that's fine when I create a new e-mail and start attaching JPG files manually.

However, when I use Windows Explorer to browse to my files, right-click a JPG file and use the "Send to > E-mail recipient" option, this sends the JPG file to the default e-mail client (WLM) aaaaaand... inserts the image as a Photo Album.

Drat.

Now, this wouldn't be much of an annoyance, as my dad never uses the "Send to" feature. But the Brother application has a "Scan to e-mail" button which scans the document with some preset image settings, saves it as a JPG file, then sends it to the default e-mail program. And this follows exactly the same route as the "Send to" option, creating a Photo Album instead of regular file attachments!

I know, there's also the option to scan to file then manually attach the files to the e-mail, but the tinkerer in me can't settle for such a constraint So I need to know how to change the "Send to" behavior for JPG files in Windows 7 + Windows Live Mail, so that it creates a regular e-mail with attachments instead of a Photo Album.

For what it's worth, doing a Send to > E-mail recipients for PDF files creates a blank e-mail with the file attached. And if I configure the Brother scan utility to save the output as PDF instead of JPG, the Scan to email also attaches the PDF to the blank message. I want the same functionality for JPG files.

Thanks in advance