How easy is this to do?

Thread: How easy is this to do?

How easy is this to do?

Hi - i was asked by a friend if i could wirelessly network the 5 PCs in his office to share internet, files and printer. I did this with no problems and it is running fine.
    However he has now asked how easy it would be to allow the single PCs in his other 2 offices in towns 20 miles away to be able to share files (shared printer not required).
    All offices have ADSL broadband installed and all PCs are running XP Pro SP3.
    I have suggested that as there wouldn't be a large amount of traffic between the offices, it may be easier to just use email or messaging to transfer the files. However i would like to know just how easy it would be to set up a network and what extra hardware would be needed.
    I am reasonably proficient in simple wireless or wired networks but this is well beyond my level of knowledge.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks - Ian

Having a server type pc that no one uses during the day that has a static ip would be a piece of cake if you used remote desktop.

Or you could look into LogMeIn so Susan in one office could connect to Bob in another office.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information