How to Highlight Part of this JPEG

Thread: How to Highlight Part of this JPEG

Question How to Highlight Part of this JPEG

Is there a simple way to neatly highlight a part of a .jpg image using, say MS Paint? For example, I simply want to draw a red circle around the part of this pic that reads "Auth: NS". I did try searching Google before posting but the only tutorial that I found involved WMP and it seemed to go on forever. Any 1-2-3 quick 'n' easy steps would be much appreciated.
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

Douglas Brinkley, executor of the Thompson estate

There's a circle tool in Paint. You choose red as your color and make a circle around the desired part, then save.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Or in pictorial form:

Nick.

SuperSparks - Are working with MS Paint in that screenshot? Which version (or, are there different versions of Paint)? I have v5.1 and the GUI looks nothing like your screenshot. Does the OS make a difference - I have WinXP SP3 so will my version of Paint be different from Win 7 Paint?
    Last edited by 307WRC; August 22nd, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

Douglas Brinkley, executor of the Thompson estate

That is the version of Paint in Windows 7. I rarely use it myself, as I have Photoshop, but I'm pretty sure thy gave it a bit of a makeover since XP and Vista to give it the ribbon interface. Your version should still have the same things in a menu though.
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by 307WRC View Post
    SuperSparks - Are working with MS Paint in that screenshot? Which version (or, are there different versions of Paint)? I have v5.1 and the GUI looks nothing like your screenshot. Does the OS make a difference - I have WinXP SP3 so will my version of Paint be different from Win 7 Paint?
    Microsoft Paint 5.1 in Windows XP Professional w/SP3:

Thread Information