[RESOLVED] Video Downloaders for Firefox 3.6.6

Thread: [RESOLVED] Video Downloaders for Firefox 3.6.6

Resolved [RESOLVED] Video Downloaders for Firefox 3.6.6

I just spent a few days trying to uninstall a toolbar that was a video recorder. I really needed it because I need tutorials on how to do certain things. But when Firefox upgraded my browser the toolbar was no longer compatible with my new version of FF. Next I went to the site where I got the toolbar and the advice on this site was that you had to uninstall the old toolbar and then download a newer version that was compatible with FF 3.6.6. All that would have been fine, except that uninstalling the program did not get rid of the toolbar! After spending days trying to get rid of this toolbar, I finally came here and Broni was able to help me get rid of the toolbar. Now my problem is that I need another video download helper and I don't want to install another "Freecorder" (the program I had) again because of how tough it was to uninstall.

I went to FF's web site and saw that they had a good many choices of video downloaders that were compatible with my version of FF. The one that I was considering is called, "Video Search and Downloader 1.4." by Clipta and mainly because it claims to download just about any video on the web & not just only certain web sites like most downloaders state. This is one of the things it says:

Clipta’s downloader allows you to save any video you watch onto your computer in FLV format. The downloader is not restricted to any specific site and is able to download the content from everywhere on the internet, including the popular sites like YouTube, MySpace, Dailymotion, and Metacafe. What separates us from others is that our downloads are not limited to videos. Now you can download your favorite MP3's onto your computer!
    Does anyone know anything about this recorder? I don't want to get in trouble again with getting a recorder that might give me the same problem that Freecorder did. Any information about this recorder will be appreciated--cons and pros. I am open to other suggestions also. (I hope this was the right place to post this)
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Here is one to look at.

http://www.streamtransport.com/

davidgsmith
    *** Help others less fortunate.

JESUS IS LORD !

David: Thanks for your suggestion. I went to the link you provided and read all about this program. When I tried to find the system requirements, I could not find any listed. So next I went to their forum and started to read a lot of the threads, thinking sooner or later I would find out if I could use this with FF. Every thread I read concerning a browser, only mentioned IE. No one ever mentioned anything about FF. I got the impression after awhile that only IE could be used with this program. I have not used IE in over 8 years--too risky, so I stick with FF.

I had been checking back here all last night and today to see if anyone had posted a reply to this thread. I saw where a lot of people had viewed, but no replies until now. So all day I have searched and researched Video downloaders for my version of FF. Originally I was seriously thinking about downloading the one I mentioned in my original post, but after much research I have now decided instead to download and install "Ant.com Video Downloader". It had a lot of good reviews from other users and it was compatible with my version of FF--also it will download from many sites and not just You-Tube.

I really appreciated the time you took to answer my thread, I was beginning to think no one had a suggestion for me.

I will now mark this problem "Resolved" and just hope I don't have such a problem with this new downloader that I am about to install as I did with the last one I had.

Thanks again David for your input,
    Sheila

Thread Information