[RESOLVED] Burnt Inage corrupting others already burnt ??

Thread: [RESOLVED] Burnt Inage corrupting others already burnt ??

Resolved [RESOLVED] Burnt Inage corrupting others already burnt ??

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I've come to the right part of the forum for my problem. But I hope this is the appropriate place.

My built in laptop CD/DVD driver got damaged and can no longer be used. So I hooked up an external CD drive to use for burning/copying files to CDs. I use CDBurner for XP which is a third part burning software that I find is the easaiest after looking into various others. Besides, this is also a Freeware and is adequate for my needs.

I was adding some new photos to one of the CDs that I used before with my built in CD/DVD drive. But after copying the new photos to the CDs using the third part sotware with my external drive, a few of the old photos that were already on the CD became corrupted and could not be open. I'd hate to lose these photos as they were of family holidays overseas some years back.

Is there any way where I can repair the damaged photos ? I have no copies anywhere else. Any program to get these repaired ?

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Actually, this isn't a gadget thread topic so I moved it to our Multimedia Forum.

A recovery program for you is called Recuva. A lot of really like this program, because it is easy to use and recovers photos from any device.

Get it here:

Recuva

As far as repairing corrupted JPG's, I havent' seen any freeware programs but a google search for jpeg repair gets quite a few hits. I'd look for a trialware program first to see if it does work then perhaps you could use it to get the photos back.

This is one I've seen rec'd at a couple of forums.. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    Actually, this isn't a gadget thread topic so I moved it to our Multimedia Forum.

A recovery program for you is called Recuva. A lot of really like this program, because it is easy to use and recovers photos from any device.

Get it here:

Recuva
    Thanks for moving my thread to the correct Forum here and also for the recovery program Recuva. It's a great program and I am surprised to see the stuff that's been collected on my C and D hard drive. But not the corrupted pictures I am trying to recover from a CD

The program does not seen to read my external CD drive where the CD with the corrupted pictures are. When I pop the CD with the corrupted pictures into another laptop with a working built in CD/DVD drive, for some reasons Recuva also don't seem to read that CD also.

As it stands, the corrupted pictures on the CD is still not recovered.

Oh btw, just to let you know from my last thread conversation on the Windows XP Forum, it seems that the setting to record from my external drive did not stayed there for long. I now have to reset it everytime I boot up. Oh welll........

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    As far as repairing corrupted JPG's, I havent' seen any freeware programs but a google search for jpeg repair gets quite a few hits. I'd look for a trialware program first to see if it does work then perhaps you could use it to get the photos back.

This is one I've seen rec'd at a couple of forums.. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm
    Thanks for the link. I installed it but it seems that it is only for use with USB pen readers rather than HDD or external CD/DVD recorders or drivers or have I overlooked something ? Don't seem to have much documents as to its use. Please let me know if I've overlooked something there. Many thanks.

Hmm, you're right.. I don't see any documentation on the program
    on its website but I see it only mentions recovery from cards. Too bad because, as I said, I did find it recommended and found useful on more than one reliable site in google searches.

Try to copy the jpgs to a thumb drive and then repair them.

Hmm, you're right.. I don't see any documentation on the program
    on its website but I see it only mentions recovery from cards. Too bad because, as I said, I did find it recommended and found useful on more than one reliable site in google searches.

Try to copy the jpgs to a thumb drive and then repair them.
    It won't let me do anything with it. Can't copy it to anywhere, can't delete it and can't rename it. The message that pops up when I tried to do anything with it is that it can't be done as it is corrupted or words that says theis. It just show a jpeg thumbnail on the CD.

I'd try using a CD/DVD file recovery or extraction utility. ISObuster is one I've used successfully in the past but I'm not sure if the current down-loadable version is trialware or not. It may allow you to extract the corrupt files from the CD and then you can use the other program to try to fix it.

www.isobuster.com

This program is free and may be worth a look..

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdrecovery.html

I'd try using a CD/DVD file recovery or extraction utility. ISObuster is one I've used successfully in the past but I'm not sure if the current down-loadable version is trialware or not. It may allow you to extract the corrupt files from the CD and then you can use the other program to try to fix it.

www.isobuster.com

This program is free and may be worth a look..

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdrecovery.html
    Hi Fink - thank you so much !!! The isobuster worked. During the installation, it gave the option to buy it or use the limited function which luckily includes the restoring of images. I extract the corrupted images onto a new folder and I got all the images back. Thank you so much for pointing me to this software.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

You're welcome

Thread Information