I use Filemaker Pro 3.0 (yes, I know it's old!), on Windows XP Home sp3, 736 MB RAM, 1.60 Ghz, pentium. I use Comodo Internet Security (firewall + antivirus). During the past week or two I've had problems getting files created with Filemaker to either open or stay open. There have been no virus reports, and I can't tell if the problem is due to a recent CIS upgrade or winspool.drv. I've received alerts about fmp file corruption in the past, but it's gotten worse recently. Filemaker seems to work OK with certain files, but shuts down with others, even after reducing excessive records. When there's an error, the following is what's usually displayed:

Filemaker Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature
AppName fileMakerPro.exe AppVer 3.0.0.82, ModName: winspool.drv
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00013660

To view technical information about the error report, click here (the listing is very long).
===============end of message==================
I hate to give up this program and want to see if winspool.drv may be the culprit or if there is some work-around (other than Filemaker upgrading or spending hours customizing with another program). Thanks.